Saturday, October 1, 2011

Mmmm...Biscuits

So I've finally done it....I've started a food blog.  A few of my friends have been trying to convince me to start a blog chronicling my adventures in the kitchen.  I figured today is as good as any to get started.  I've spent some time this summer cooking up some yummy eats and I'll share those later.


I think I'll start this blogging experience with my most recent cooking experience...southern style biscuits.  My friend, Sabra, has family from South Carolina and her wonderful mother, Dena, was nice enough to share her mother's biscuit recipe with me.  Dena's mother, Buns, as she is affectionately called by her grandchildren, has passed on and would not be very happy about the slight "tweaking" her daughter has made to her recipe, but, both, Dena and I agree that the biscuits taste better with the "tweaking."  These biscuits are light and fluffy and taste like real southern style biscuits.  This was my first attempt at making biscuits from scratch.  They turned out very tasty, light and fluffy on the inside, but they didn't rise as much as I would have liked.  I think that I rolled them too thin.  I guess I'll just have to try them again.  :)  Practice makes perfect and you can never have too many biscuits! 


Here are some pics of attempt number 1:











Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment