Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Dinner Party (Part 2)

So I've covered the side dishes from dinner in August, but now it's time for the main protein of the meal and dessert.  I have a new love of pork tenderloin.  It's a great cut of meat and when cooked right stays very moist and nice and tender.  With 11 of us at this dinner party, I got a HUGE tenderloin from Costco.  The pork alone was good, but the glaze that I put on it was AMAZING!  I made a rhubarb glaze.  The rhubarb was fresh from the garden.  The sauce also had cran-apple juice in it.  It is my new favorite glaze/sauce.  It's a sauce that I think you could use on pork, ham, chicken or maybe even turkey.  I forgot to take some pics of the glaze during the cooking process, but there are some of it over the tenderloin.





For dessert, I attempted a mixed berry cheesecake.  I had tried this cheesecake recipe once before, but used frozen berries.  The first attempt was a flop because I was too lazy to let the berries thaw all the way, so I when I say it was a flop it really was.  When I pulled the springform off the pan it literally oozed all over the counter.  It tasted fine and was more like a cheesecake flavored pudding.  On attempt number two, I used fresh berries and tried to try as much of the juice out as I could.  This time it held up pretty well except the middle fell apart.  I'm not sure what my problem is because I've made this recipe before in mini form and didn't have a problem.  
Proof that I can make the cheesecakes in mini form


Knowing that I had problems with this cheesecake before, I decided I should make a second dessert just to be safe.  I decided to make a mixed berry cheesecake with some of the extra berries and sauce that I used for the cheesecake.  It was essentially a strawberry shortcake, but it had strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries.  It was super yummy and very pretty to look at.  


Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment