Saturday, October 8, 2011

Biscuits and Potatoes

Biscuit attempt number 2 went better, but they still didn't rise very much.  I think I may still be rolling it out thin.  My dad's other thought was that the self rising flour is old.  The biscuits still taste good and are still fluffy in the middle.  If anyone has any other thoughts on why the biscuits aren't rising, please make a comment or send me a message.



If you've never heard of or seen a purple potato before than you're in luck.  



As you can see, the potatoes aren't so purple on the outside and speckled once they're peeled.  My parents and I have been informed that they make the best mashed potatoes and that they're super creamy.  I didn't notice any difference in flavor between the purple potato and any other potato.  I will say that once mashed it is one the least visually appealing foods I've ever seen in my life.  You judge for yourself.



Always fun to try something new.


Happy Cooking!

1 comment:

  1. I bought some purple potatoes not too long ago but they were solid purple, not speckled. They made a lovely contrast to the white potatoes and sweet potatoes when I roasted them all together. Never would have thought to mash them!

    ReplyDelete